Tuesday, June 16, 2015

"Within These Walls" by Ania Ahlborn

I received a copy of "Within These Walls" by Ania Ahlborn in exchange for a fair review.  As often happens when reviewing a book that I did not choose for myself, I had very conflicted feelings after reading this effort.  The book is well written with a tight story, intriguing characters, and often vivid imagery.  I could feel the angst, confusion, and fear in the characters as the story progressed.

So why the conflict?  Despite all the compliments above, and considering I can't find a single negative thing to say (rare for me), I just did not enjoy reading this book, had a hard time finishing it, and found myself struggling to write this review.  I always promise a fair review and have to offer my earlier praise, but something just didn't click for me on this one.  I know that sounds strange and I wish I could explain it better.  Has anyone else ever experienced this?

No comments:

Post a Comment